Marketing & Communication Program Coordinator
Golisano Institute for Sustainability
Golisano Institute for Sustainability
Professional Area: Professional/Administrative
Employment Category: Fulltime
Staff Job Function: MarketingWage Band: 117A
The Golisano Institute for Sustainability is an applied research organization at RIT whose mission is to undertake world-class education and research programs in sustainability with major foci on sustainable production, sustainable energy, sustainable mobility and ecologically friendly information technology systems. GIS is staffed by a passionate team of nearly 100 scientists, engineers, and administrative personnel who collaborate with companies locally, nationally, and globally and provide technical assistance and solutions to complex sustainability problems. It is headquartered on-campus in a state-of-the-art 75,000 sq. ft. LEED Platinum certified facility placing it among the top 1% of all green buildings in the United States today. More information on the Institute can be found at http://www.rit.edu/gis.
Detailed Job Description
The Golisano Institute for Sustainability (GIS) at Rochester Institute of Technology is seeking to hire a Marketing & Communications Program Coordinator for the NY State Center of Excellence in Advanced & Sustainable Manufacturing (COE-ASM), and for other related GIS programs. This position will be directly responsible for all marketing and outreach efforts for COE-ASM, and will also provide marketing support as needed for other GIS programs, resources and initiatives.
The Marketing and Communications Program Coordinator is responsible for the development and execution of COE-ASM’s annual Marketing Plan, updating existing, and developing new marketing brochures, collecting and compiling testimonials from NYS clients, maintaining website content, planning for dissemination events, coordinating newsletter and other communications through various media, development of case studies, and working closely with RIT University News in preparation of articles, news releases and media events.
The Marketing and Communications Program Coordinator is required to have excellent communication, writing and presentation skills and may perform other tasks in support of the Institute as requested by the COE-ASM director. Tasks will typically include:
- Development of presentations including content
- Building relationships with NYS stakeholders and coordinate case study development
- Providing support for state & federal grant proposals
- Lead content coordinator for COE-ASM newsletter and managing editor for content, pictures, articles, and announcements
- Develop and execute COE-ASM marketing plan
- Create, write and produce articles for print and internet medias, and including other marketing and public relations items for print and electronic media
- Create and maintain all networking and communication venues including social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
- Website: Manage and edit website to include new information, remove old information, post news, upcoming workshops, etc. Coordinate web development, layout and design as needed.
- Monitor, track and assess marketing success, including the use of Google Analytics, adjusting strategies as needed
- Update and maintain all marketing publications to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate the printing of publications and marketing materials using on- and off-campus vendors
- Contribute to COE-ASM progress reports
- COE-ASM Advisory Board: coordinate meeting logistics, preparing and distributing meeting minutes. Prepare presentations for Advisory Board meetings
- Assist in collecting and reporting metrics to upper management and government officials
- Maintain metrics sheets and mailing lists and database
- Coordinate workshops, special events, tradeshow participation and other COE-ASM gatherings, this may include managing registrations, event activities, and follow up and assistance with preparation of PowerPoint presentations
Required Minimum Qualifications
- B.S. in Marketing or related field
- Minimum five years of directly related work experience
- Self-motivated to meet deadlines independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Experience in phone based marketing campaigns
- Experience in tradeshow preparation and participation
- Ability to support content development for Center proposals
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with social media site administration preferred
- Experience in website content management, and with website analytics
Experience in developing marketing plans for technical programs and services
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume
How to Apply
In order to be considered for this position, you must apply for it at: http://careers.rit.edu/staff. Click the link for search openings and in the keyword search field, enter the title of the position or the BR number.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources.RIT does not discriminate. RIT promotes and values diversity, pluralism and inclusion in the work place. RIT provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, marital status, sex, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, veteran status or disability in its hiring, admissions, educational programs and activities.RIT provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities, veterans or wounded warriors where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resources office at 585-475-2424 or email your request to Careers@rit.edu. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Rochester Institute of Technology, the 10th largest private university in the U.S., is among the worlds leading technological universities. Its 18,000 undergraduate and graduate students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries are enrolled in over 200 academic programs, including 7 interdisciplinary Ph.D. programs. A pioneer in experiential education, RIT was the first to offer undergraduate degree programs in biotechnology, information technology, software engineering, and microelectronic engineering. As home to the National Technical Institute for the Deaf, the university offers unparalleled academic opportunities and services for the deaf and hard-of-hearing. Founded in 1829, RIT has 115,000 alumni throughout the United States and around the world. RIT has been named by the Chronicle of Higher Education as one of the Great Colleges to Work For. RIT is a National Science Foundation ADVANCE Institutional Transformation site, and is responsive to the needs of dual-career couples through the Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. For more information, visit www.rit.edu/overview/rankings-and-recognition and www.rit.edu.
As a member of the RIT community employees receive a well-balanced benefits package that offers a variety of choices and access to additional employment advantages. These benefits, combined with an employees pay, provide a total compensation package that can be tailored to meet your needs. More on RITs Benefits, Health & Wellness program can be found at: https://www.rit.edu/fa/humanresources/content/benefits-health-and-wellness
RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency